Due to expansion we are looking for a new member of the team to carry out development and operations activities that will help support the exponential growth of the company over the coming years. As our newly appointed DevOps engineer you will be involved in all aspects of creating software and supporting our systems.
Due to the small size of the team and varied work HiETA undertakes this will be a diverse role and you will be exposed to a number of different technologies. Some of the projects you may be involved in:
- Supporting and developing our in house Production Management System built using the Django framework
- Interfacing a camera and digital IO with a production machine using C#
- Creating software to help ensure our Cyber Security is in line with the government Cyber Essentials Scheme
- Integrating multiple pieces of hardware to support our testing activities
- Supporting our Virtualised Windows and Linux infrastructure
To be considered for the role you should have the following experience:
- You will have experience of creating software in a work environment
- Ideally educated to degree level – however we’re more interested in your ability to do the job than certificates you’ve got
- Experience of .NET and Python or extensive experience of similar languages
- You will be flexible, hard-working and be a self-starter
- You will possess a ‘can do’ attitude and be able to apply your enthusiasm to all activities. This is a role that will require someone who is adaptable to change their priorities as well as meeting strict deadlines.
You should be enthusiastic, determined and motivated individual with the desire to progress within this role. You will be looking to make an impact on a growing team working within a fast growing technology.
We are offering an annual salary of £27,000 to £33,000 per annum with a range of company benefits and 25 days holiday.
HiETA are an equal opportunities employer, so if you’re just returning to work or need to work part-time then we’d still like to hear from you.